SDG Executive board monthly meeting
Agenda & Meeting Notes
Present: Casey M, Wendy C, Scott C, Jason C, Kein B, James L, Jay w, Tyrone, AP, Kris, Marc L
|Call meeting to order|
|Acceptance of agenda|
|Accept past minutes||Motion WC, second KP|
Not much to report.
Excited for Saskatoon Disc Golf right now. Everything’s kicking off.
Tournaments, course development all going well.
Did a walkthrough with the city at Dief to go over the new basket locations.
Mark, maintenance, park staff, senior manager for park spaces were present
Lots of talk from the city about damage to trees
Only small alterations to proposed basket locations, mostly within 5 feet of our proposals.
* But, we’ll only get two positions on the hill, not three
* We can only use the free toboggan side of the hill
* Dief can likely soon be a 20 hole course in the summer
* Escape was happy enough to order four baskets we need for Dief. We can pay them later!
* Two baskets for the hill, two for practice putting area
City accepted suggestions from Scott for around the teepads (woodchips etc.), also tree-armouring
Mark will collect feedback on these from other city staff
We included examples of hole signage, bag holders
This would apply to Reid as well
Heard nothing back yet from the park enhancement program application we’ve put in
Andy has submitted a design for a Reid course map. Board will provide feedback before we present it to the city
When we eventually do a new Diefenbaker map we should do it in a similar style
Scott is researching an area west of Cedar Villas reforestation area for a new course
fat tire mountain biking club is already out there
we have their contact information
There is a “friends of the reforestation area group” out there. We’ll have to negotiate with them.
Plan is to go to the city once we’ve contacted all of the user groups
Scott has chatted with John and Dee Hauk (pro disc golf course designers, did Maple Hill etc.)
their point of view is not to rely on the local board
instead: develop an economic impact plan that’s presented to all potential shareholders (city, major sponsors (potentially Escape, Cameco, Nutrien, Tourism Saskatoon), RMs, etc.)
they would host a meeting with these groups
if they can drum up the money from those groups, they will design the course
often what happens is people love the idea but then go with something easier/cheaper/smaller
Orange Xs are on the ground at Reid where the city wants to plant trees
not all locations are ideal, but they’ve heard our input
Kris/Jay — Can we move the good baskets from Donna over to Dief?
We should re-label the holes at Dief at the same time. Hole 13 becomes hole 1
Announce on Facebook etc. before we move them so people know the courses will be temporarily unavailable
Plan to do it in the evening / near dark when usage is low
|Membership Development||Hit 200 member mark! Have had some website issues, now resolved.||Wendy will put up some QR codes|
|Leagues||Now have 81 members in league. We will now meet as a big group as per regulations, “normal” league can commence. PDGA league can go ahead in June.
Need to link the spreadsheet to our website to view standings.
|Kevin B will work out website link.|
|Skill Development||Signs made to tell people where Junior league will be happening.
Fundraiser discs are in, coaches jerseys are also in.
Full program of 32 kids. We can go as normal with restrictions lifted. Program will run 8 weeks. Have everything we need to get started.
Kodi and Alex put on a clinic in Warman last weekend,they had very positive feedback.
|Tournament Director||Escape Sports Open (ESO) is full. 28 reserved spots for junior/women was the right amount.
Opened one hour early, but there were still 30 spots after an hour.
35 people on the waitlist
We will need at least 10 spotters.
Solstice tournament already has 58. No word back from Crossmount yet.
Likely stat at the parking Lot
Can we move amateur side of escape open to Reid? and bring more MPO etc in? PDGA will not let us on a 9 basket course.
Round 1 will take a 5 hour loop. Probably wise to keep it not too big for first go around.
May need to remind people about lost/looking for disc rules at the players meeting to help move things along.
In Ab they do a shot gun start with 4 different start times etc.
Good to still use hand sanitizer at tournaments no matter what the restrictions
|What if the club sponsored a hole on behalf of Andy for all the work he has done on graphics, moved by Kodi. Seconded by Scott C. Scott: he works a lot at a high level, he makes us look good.No objections, the motion passes
Mark L will stop in on Crossmount.
|Communications||Behind posting minutes. Will catch up today. Caught up on all things otherwise.|
|Finance||League Target of 3k, have raised 6k plus. Membership also 6k plus in revenue.
Escape open will exceed our projections buy itself. Total we are at 18K revenue vs 12k Projected. We are in a very good position financially. Leagues will have access to more funding for prizing. Note: 36 people on the ESO waitlist have paid and will have to get refunded.
|Secretary||Outstanding from last meeting: how to deal with numbering of baskets. Scott C: we have a plan to deal with physical numbers and will look into udisc changing of numbers.|
|Sponsorship||Need more hole sponsors. We have 4, need 18 total, so if anyone knows people or businesses please pass them on.
How are we recognizing sponsors? IN players book. Do we want a sponsor board at the event?
Do we need a sponsorship portfolio/lead person?
|Motion to adjourn||Motion by Scott at 9:22 pm|