Author: Thomas Germann

Dec 2022 – SDG Executive Meeting Minutes

1 – Call to Order

  • Members present: 
  • Regrets: 

2 – Acceptance of the Agenda

3 – Acceptance of Last meeting’s minutes – Nov 1, 2022 

4 – Business Arising from last month’s minutes and Action items

  • Scott ordered locks
  • Scott rented a storage locker  


5 – Directors Reports

  • Course Development – Scott
    1. Sub-committee for snow clearing at the courses
    2. Sea Can storage at Dief
    3. Donna Birkmaier meeting with the city


  • League Director – Kris


  • Sport Development – Alex 


  • Membership Development – Jakob


  • Putting league


  • Tournament Director – Vacant 
    1. Need to form a tournament committee and work with Kodi to start planning dates for the upcoming season. Clint and Brandon were interested in helping this year   Who wants to be on this committee and start this process? 


  • Finance Director – Jason


  • Communications Directory – Vacant
    1. Scott can help post info on the website and Kevin said he could also help us out until we find someone
  • Secretary – Vacant


  • President – Wendy
    1. MOU
    2. Sub-committee for Bylaws / Director positions

6 – Other Business

  • Homeless shelter near William A Reed Park

7 – Adjournment

Nov 2022 – SDG Executive Meeting Minutes

Present: CM, Scott, Wendy, Jason C, Kris, Tyrone, Alex, Jason Grant, James Lawson


Note Taker:CM

Agenda item Notes Action/Decision


Call to order Time: 8:00pm

Quorum? Yes

Any Agenda items to add
Accept the agenda Motion: Scott Second: Alex
Accept the minute from last meeting Motion: Alex  Second: Scott
Business arising from last meeting minutes Scott still looking into a set of Locks

Scott Talked to the City regarding seacan at Diefenbaker, Depends on park.  They are looking into it.  We will likely need to get a storage unit in the meantime. Will need to figure out a payment option, possibly an SDG cc.

Scott will look into storage unit near Diefenbaker and what payment they will accept.

Scott still looking into a set of Locks

Course development Sleeves are installed. 15-17 Bs. and A/B for 4 new holes.  Need one more for 18B, that will be next year.

We have sign holders for Dief and Reid. Have a plan to meet with the City regarding irrigation and trees etc.

CN grant- looking into process to actually get cash from them

Donna B meeting- The City has asked that we renew maintenance contracts with them for all 3 courses. We would like to discuss the Donna course with the City given cost/theft and lack of maintenance there. Meeting is on Nov 21

We have a new contact for the afforestation area project, they will also be at the Nov 21 meeting.



Glow league finished up, 10 were signed up. Probably 10-12 more playing.

Plan to start putting league in the new year

Sport Development


Plans to do more clinics in schools in may/june and sept/oct. And Businesses and community groups in the summer.  Aiming for 10-12 minimum. 

Looking to standardize the clinic, working with Escape Sports.


Jason Cotuu

Each event has been costed out. Still in the process of building the financial picture.

The change of end of year has affected our financial picture somewhat to the negative. All told we should be ~4k in the red. A very good year.

700 lines of raw transactions to account for, there is a lot of work in financials with a big year like this.

Next year we will need a standing financial committee that meets once per month to monitor transactions and help stay on top of things.

James Ice Bowl Would like to run the Saskatoon ice bowl this year, and do a splash for the 20th anniversary.
Meeting adjourned 8:38

Oct 2022 – SDG Executive Meeting Minutes

Present: CM, Wendy, Scott, Jason G, Jay W, Tyrone, Kevin B

Regrets: Alex, Kodi

Note Taker:CM

Agenda Item Notes Action/Decision


Call to order Time: 8:02


Any Agenda items to add/Accept the agenda. Motion to accept: Scott.  Second: Ty.
Accept the minute from last meeting Sept 6. Motion:Jason.  Second: Scott
Business arising from last meetins minutes Scott to order locks
Course development (Scott) Sleeves at Dief – possibly this saturday. We have 11 of 12 that we need. Could leave hole 18 alt off for now

Sign at Reid – Have everything, need to mark the ground with Shane Carter

CN grant – We did receive a call from them, we have been awarded the money.  Need to look into details. 

Need to test options for amending ground. Apollo will do a test at cost.

Teepads are in at Dief.

Scott to make a list of ground amendment options.
Leagues (regrets) 2 more weeks of glow left.
Sport Development(regrets)
Membership (Jacob) (regrets) Putting league. There are some saturdays before christmas that are booked, so will try to do drop ins in November and December.
Tournaments(Kodi, regrets) Would like to see us rent a storage locker. 

5×5 is the smallest and is $100/month.  5×10 is closer to $150.

Perhaps a seacan would work if the city would let us store it

Scott will speak with the City about storing a seacan on city property
Finance (Jason) Will have a preliminary finance report done soon, would like an ad hoc committee to go over this document.

Directors reports. Ideally they will be done by November meeting so we can send out a package to the membership

Board voted for Sunday November 27th 1:00pm.  Need to give notice 30-45 days(October 15-28) to the membership.

Important to only have one notice of AGM, all other notices point to the original.

Communications(Kevin) Updating website, ongoing.
President (Wendy) Mou- still no response from DGS, they still have not met since May.

Succession planning

leaving next years board:




May have some leads on tournament director.

May be good to build a strong committee for this work, like with ESO.

Adjournment Motion: Jason C 8:45


2022 AGM Meeting Minutes

Dear  Saskatoon Disc Golf Members,

Thank you for attending our 2022 Annual General Meeting, we look forward to another successful year together in 2023.

Please view the meeting minutes below from the Annual General Meeting, and contact us with any questions you may have.


Saskatoon Disc Golf Inc 2022 AGM Minutes

© 2024

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑