2023 AGM Zoom Link

The link to our AGM zoom is here!

 

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86163315798?pwd=OVSQZWW6Wd9pSbxysI8bd82j7cINm0.1

Proposed Bylaw changes for AGM

The board of Saskatoon Disc Golf is proposing the following attached changes to our bylaws. These changes will be voted on at the upcoming AGM.

Saskatoon Disc Golf Proposed By-Laws – 2023

2023 AGM Announcement

Hey all,

It’s time again for our annual AGM. See below for the details.

Date: Nov 26th, 2023 @ 2:00pm

Location: The Meeting will be held at Venice House Traditional Grill located at 906 Central Ave in Sutherland.  We will also have a zoom room available for members wanting to attend remotely. https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86163315798?pwd=OVSQZWW6Wd9pSbxysI8bd82j7cINm0.1
Meeting Package: The meeting package will be available on the website 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Submissions for bylaw changes: The board is currently working on some proposed bylaw changes this cycle. Any member in good standing can also submit a proposed bylaw change by 11:59pm Nov 12th, 2023, to have it added to the agenda.

Submissions for Agenda Items: Any member in good standing can submit an item for the meeting agenda by 11:59am Nov 19th, 2023, to have it added to the agenda.

Attendance and Voting requirements: Anyone in the Saskatoon Disc Golf community is welcome to attend the meeting. Voting is restricted to Members with a current paid membership as of 11:59pm Nov 12th, 2023, and are 18 years old or older at the time of the meeting.

 

Board Elections occur at the AGM.

 

Anticipated Departures: Sport Development Director, Member-At-Large (2)

Current Vacancies: Membership Director, Communications Director

 

SDG Board Positions and their Roles:

President – Chair the monthly board meetings, keep the board organized and on task. Main point of contact for affiliate organizations and the Provincial Disc Golf Association. 

Finance Director – Financial management and oversight of the Corporation’s spending, budgets, and financial reporting.

Tournament Director – Responsible for scheduling, planning and coordination of tournaments. Not required to be the TD but must delegate people to each role to help the events run successfully. A tournament committee is strongly recommended to help with this position. 

Leagues Director – Responsible for overall coordination and scheduling of volunteers to run the league events. A league committee is strongly recommended to help with this position.

Sport Development Director – Main organizer of volunteers and events that encourage and grow participation in Disc Golf. Duties in this portfolio include – Organizing the Junior league (with a committee of coaches / volunteers is recommended) and Organizing Learn-To Clinics in schools and communities around the city. 

Course Development Director – Responsible for planning, maintenance and installation of new courses and course upgrades, grant applications, liaise with the City of Saskatoon, and maintain our relationship for our current city contracts and always be searching for new areas of growth. 

Membership Development Director – Collect membership information, distribution of membership cards and coordinating membership recruiting events. For example – Membership Drive Tournament

Communications Director – Responsible for managing the SDG Website, all of our social media and corporate email accounts and making sure our members are up to date on current SGD news. 

Secretary – Taking minutes at monthly board meetings.

Member at Large (5 positions) – Voting board members without a specific portfolio – we encourage our MALs to become part of one or more committees within the board structure. 

 

Dec 2022 – SDG Executive Meeting Minutes

1 – Call to Order

  • Members present: 
  • Regrets: 

2 – Acceptance of the Agenda

3 – Acceptance of Last meeting’s minutes – Nov 1, 2022 

4 – Business Arising from last month’s minutes and Action items

  • Scott ordered locks
  • Scott rented a storage locker  

 

5 – Directors Reports

  • Course Development – Scott
    1. Sub-committee for snow clearing at the courses
    2. Sea Can storage at Dief
    3. Donna Birkmaier meeting with the city

 

  • League Director – Kris

 

  • Sport Development – Alex 

 

  • Membership Development – Jakob

 

  • Putting league

 

  • Tournament Director – Vacant 
    1. Need to form a tournament committee and work with Kodi to start planning dates for the upcoming season. Clint and Brandon were interested in helping this year   Who wants to be on this committee and start this process? 

 

  • Finance Director – Jason

 

  • Communications Directory – Vacant
    1. Scott can help post info on the website and Kevin said he could also help us out until we find someone
  • Secretary – Vacant

 

  • President – Wendy
    1. MOU
    2. Sub-committee for Bylaws / Director positions

6 – Other Business

  • Homeless shelter near William A Reed Park

7 – Adjournment

Nov 2022 – SDG Executive Meeting Minutes

Present: CM, Scott, Wendy, Jason C, Kris, Tyrone, Alex, Jason Grant, James Lawson

Regrets

Note Taker:CM

Agenda item Notes Action/Decision

Follow-up

Call to order Time: 8:00pm

Quorum? Yes

Any Agenda items to add
Accept the agenda Motion: Scott Second: Alex
Accept the minute from last meeting Motion: Alex  Second: Scott
Business arising from last meeting minutes Scott still looking into a set of Locks

Scott Talked to the City regarding seacan at Diefenbaker, Depends on park.  They are looking into it.  We will likely need to get a storage unit in the meantime. Will need to figure out a payment option, possibly an SDG cc.

Scott will look into storage unit near Diefenbaker and what payment they will accept.

Scott still looking into a set of Locks

Course development Sleeves are installed. 15-17 Bs. and A/B for 4 new holes.  Need one more for 18B, that will be next year.

We have sign holders for Dief and Reid. Have a plan to meet with the City regarding irrigation and trees etc.

CN grant- looking into process to actually get cash from them

Donna B meeting- The City has asked that we renew maintenance contracts with them for all 3 courses. We would like to discuss the Donna course with the City given cost/theft and lack of maintenance there. Meeting is on Nov 21

We have a new contact for the afforestation area project, they will also be at the Nov 21 meeting.

Leagues

Kris

Glow league finished up, 10 were signed up. Probably 10-12 more playing.

Plan to start putting league in the new year

Sport Development

Alex

Plans to do more clinics in schools in may/june and sept/oct. And Businesses and community groups in the summer.  Aiming for 10-12 minimum. 

Looking to standardize the clinic, working with Escape Sports.

Membership
Tournaments
Finance

Jason Cotuu

Each event has been costed out. Still in the process of building the financial picture.

The change of end of year has affected our financial picture somewhat to the negative. All told we should be ~4k in the red. A very good year.

700 lines of raw transactions to account for, there is a lot of work in financials with a big year like this.

Next year we will need a standing financial committee that meets once per month to monitor transactions and help stay on top of things.

Communications
Secretary
President
James Ice Bowl Would like to run the Saskatoon ice bowl this year, and do a splash for the 20th anniversary.
Meeting adjourned 8:38

Oct 2022 – SDG Executive Meeting Minutes

Present: CM, Wendy, Scott, Jason G, Jay W, Tyrone, Kevin B

Regrets: Alex, Kodi

Note Taker:CM

Agenda Item Notes Action/Decision

Follow-up

Call to order Time: 8:02

Quorum?

Any Agenda items to add/Accept the agenda. Motion to accept: Scott.  Second: Ty.
Accept the minute from last meeting Sept 6. Motion:Jason.  Second: Scott
Business arising from last meetins minutes Scott to order locks
Course development (Scott) Sleeves at Dief – possibly this saturday. We have 11 of 12 that we need. Could leave hole 18 alt off for now

Sign at Reid – Have everything, need to mark the ground with Shane Carter

CN grant – We did receive a call from them, we have been awarded the money.  Need to look into details. 

Need to test options for amending ground. Apollo will do a test at cost.

Teepads are in at Dief.

Scott to make a list of ground amendment options.
Leagues (regrets) 2 more weeks of glow left.
Sport Development(regrets)
Membership (Jacob) (regrets) Putting league. There are some saturdays before christmas that are booked, so will try to do drop ins in November and December.
Tournaments(Kodi, regrets) Would like to see us rent a storage locker. 

5×5 is the smallest and is $100/month.  5×10 is closer to $150.

Perhaps a seacan would work if the city would let us store it

Scott will speak with the City about storing a seacan on city property
Finance (Jason) Will have a preliminary finance report done soon, would like an ad hoc committee to go over this document.

Directors reports. Ideally they will be done by November meeting so we can send out a package to the membership

Board voted for Sunday November 27th 1:00pm.  Need to give notice 30-45 days(October 15-28) to the membership.

Important to only have one notice of AGM, all other notices point to the original.

Communications(Kevin) Updating website, ongoing.
Secretary
President (Wendy) Mou- still no response from DGS, they still have not met since May.

Succession planning

leaving next years board:

Kodi

Kevin

Casey

May have some leads on tournament director.

May be good to build a strong committee for this work, like with ESO.

Adjournment Motion: Jason C 8:45

Time:

2022 AGM Meeting Minutes

Dear  Saskatoon Disc Golf Members,

Thank you for attending our 2022 Annual General Meeting, we look forward to another successful year together in 2023.

Please view the meeting minutes below from the Annual General Meeting, and contact us with any questions you may have.

 

Saskatoon Disc Golf Inc 2022 AGM Minutes

2022 AGM Zoom Link

For those of you that want to attend the meeting remotely, here is the Zoom information.

Topic: Saskatoon Disc Golf 2022 AGM
Time: Nov 27, 2022 01:00 PM Saskatchewan

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85717886282?pwd=VUxjUS9EVGlQVnk0a2YwdHhxQ1BYdz09

2022 AGM Announcement

Hey all,

It’s time again for our annual AGM. See below for the details.

Date: Nov 27th, 2022 @ 1:00pm

Locations: The Meeting will be held in the basement meeting room of Winston’s Pub. We will also have a zoom room available for members wanting to attend remotely.
Meeting Package: The meeting package will be available on the website 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Submissions for bylaw changes: The board has not proposed any bylaw changes this cycle. Any member in good standing can submit a proposed bylaw change by 11:59pm Nov 13th 2022 to have it added to the agenda.

Submissions for Agenda Items: Any member in good standing can submit an item for the meeting agenda by 11:59am Nov 20th 2022 to have it added to the agenda.

Attendance and Voting requirements: Anyone in the Saskatoon Disc Golf community is welcome to attend the meeting. Voting is restricted to Members with a current paid membership as of 11:59pm Nov 13th 2022 and are 18 years old or older at the time of the meeting.

Sep 2022 – Executive Meeting Minutes

SDG Executive Tues Sept 6 2022

 

Present: CM, Jason C, Jay W, Scott and Wendy, Jason G, James L, Kodi P, Kevin B.

Regrets

Note Taker:CM

Agenda Item Motion to accept agenda: Scott and second Jason Action/Decision

Follow-up

Call to order Time: 8:08 pm

Quorum? Yes.

Any Agenda items to add Noe, just directors reports
Accept the minute from last meeting August meeting had no quorum. 

Motion to approve minutes from July, Kodi, Second Scott.

Business arising from last meetins minutes Sign holders, Course development will address.
Course development 2 Sign holders are completed and ready for pick up. Scott will pick up and hold until installation.  They will go in with Dief sleeves etc. 4” with rebar reinforcement. 9 teepads to put in, sleeves to go in as well. Will need help at that time.

Also have the sign for Reid, still deciding location.

Need to buy a set of Locks

$25K should be coming from CN to deal with teepad and other high wear areas. May try a test of turf options on hole 1. Still negotiating options with the city.

Scott to organize teepads and sleeve installation.

Need to buy a full set of locks for sleeves.

Leagues
Sport Development
Membership
Tournaments All financials submitted for ESO

NADGT, not  money maker for us. But it went well. 

Finance We are in a good space financially.  Insurance is paid. We may want  a corporate CC to make some of these transactions easier. Roughly $23,000 in bank accounts, we do owe a little out yet.

CN money has not come in yet.

AGM

Fiscal year is now ending January 1st, we will have to get approval from the membership after the fact at the AGM.

Historically mid-late November. November 19 and 27 have been suggested. Jason will poll the Executive. Need to give the membership 45 days minimum. 

By laws were done last year, we may have minor changes.

We need to look at who wants to stay on the executive and who may want to change roles -Wendy will reach out to people.

Communications I am several months behind in updating the website. I will look into this. 

I will also poll the executive on AGM dates.

Poll the executive for AGM dates.

Update website

Secretary
President MOU from DGS, we still haven’t heard back from them. Perhaps after GEO. Will poll the executive to see who wants to stay in their roles.
Meeting Adjourn Motion to adjourn Jason C. 8:49
« Older posts

© 2024

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑